CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Starting Up Again

I haven't blogged in forever now, so here goes.

I guess I'll start by saying some things that are new and exciting in my life. 

Well, I took a class called visual communications for January term this winter, which means I had the class everyday for 3 hours and with it being an art class, I had to work ridiculous amount of hours a day. Nonetheless, I absolutely loved it. It was the first class I have taken for my new major, and I am now sure that I did a smart thing when I switched to Graphic Design last fall.
The prof is just so incredible, and I'm super bummed that I don't have him this semester. Despite the lack of sleep and working more hours on school than I had ever imagined, I wish I could take it every month. So great. It was just so incredible.

Also, I applied to be PA (aka RA) on my floor for next year. I revised my application multiple times before sending it in, then thought I sent it in late, when really it was a couple weeks before the deadline. Then I actually did mess up when I didn't read an email carefully enough, and thus did not sign up for my interview with the campus life staff. I didn't find out until the day of, and the office was already closed, so I ran back to my dorm and talked to my hall director... the I cried in front of her and felt like a complete idiot. She got me an interview the next day with some other people who had been of campus the day of interviews. That interview went pretty well, but I still felt like an idiot for not even knowing about sign ups. I made sure to sign up for an interview with my hall director, who ended up being 35 minutes late and I had to skip class to interview. That one went really well too, but not so well that I was excited. I was mostly just happy to be done with interviews. I had 5 days after my interviews until we found out the final decisions of the hall director. I dreaded friday all week long, but also just wanted to know. I figured I wouldn't get it, and psyched myself out more and more everyday.
My PA had asked me to have breakfast with her at 7am on friday to plan our friend's birthday party, so the day was going to be even longer, with more hours of consciousness to consider my failure. Instead of going to the DC, she stopped me at our hall director's apartment, where there was a surprise breakfast for next year's PAs. I was too tired to be enthused, but I am so pumped. I honestly can't believe that I got it. I was so sure that my friend, Stephanie was going to get it over me. She would be so great as a PA, but I think even better as a DA (discipleship assistant). So it's good in another respect that I am PA because it leaves her as the only applicant for DA on our floor. She would get it if she had 20 people up against her, but they don't officially find out for a couple months. 
Basically, we are going to be a sweet PA/DA team next year. She is just so fantastic and I know I can trust her to not only be amazing at what she does with the floor, but to also keep me in check. I'm so excited that she is going to be my DA next year. I couldn't imagine a better scenario. FANTASTIC!

that is all.

0 comments: